Scholarship Program Bret Hale Memorial Scholarship program
The ReMission Alliance Against Brain Tumors and the Climb for Cancer Foundation are proud to present the 2nd annual Bret Hale Memorial Scholarship program, with an award of $2,500 being given to one deserving student. More details are included in the application document.
This scholarship is currently limited to the network of ReMission Alliance Institutions and those physician/researchers for nominations. The deadline for submission is March 1, 2022. Please send your applications to: Re-MissionSummit@ufl.edu
To be eligible, an applicant must satisfy the below requirements in full:
- Have been diagnosed with and/or been actively treated for cancer.
- Be a high school senior applying to colleges, or currently pursuing a college degree.
- Submit the required essay, described below. (1000 word maximum)
- Demonstrate responsibility and service by including information on work/volunteer activities, awards.
- Provide one (1) letter of recommendation from non-related persons (examples: teachers, coaches, community leaders). Reference must include your name, address and phone number within the letter and contact information for the reference provider.
- If the applicant is not already attending the college, applicant must submit a copy of an acceptance letter from the college. If applicant has received multiple acceptance letters, please include all of them.
- Provide a copy of your current college or high school transcript.
- Be an eligible citizen or eligible non-citizen as defined by the FAFSA.
Scholarship Amount and Distribution
- Award is $2,500 total
- The award is payable in one direct payment, to the academic institution for the purpose of defraying costs of tuition, fees and books.
If selected as a recipient, the below are required to qualify for the ReMission Alliance Scholarship
- Must maintain an overall 3.0 G.P.A.
- Must be a full-time student.
- Must be endorsed by a physician/scientist member of the ReMission Alliance Against Brain Tumors.
- May be asked to make a few brief comments while accepting the award at the ReMission Alliance Summit, either in person or via zoom.